Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Dogsites Webring - Dogsites has been an active Webring for over 11 years. If you want to promote your dog related website then join the Dog

Forums     Login   Signup

Dogsites Webring

Manager: dogsites
The Ultimate dog related web site with over 800 pages of information, photos and more. Many FREE services for dog breeders, dog classifieds, dog brags, dog sites, dogs, dog pages, dog pictures, info on dogs, dogs information, sites on dogs and many more dog related pages as well as over 220 dog related discussion boards and a worldwide dogsite search engine.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

To Save Animals, You Have to Like People - 04/04/2013
https://lh3.ggpht.com/-eo-ngZdLrlg/UV0T7rU1r9I/AAAAAAAACYM/6gGKyA7SEZo/s1600/anne_reed.jpg

Here's a great article that I thought I would pass on...hope you find it interesting! –Kim To Save Animals, You Have to Like People by Anne Reed Feb. 25, 2013 "Boy, I hate people." I hear that all the time from people who work in animal welfare. I disagree. I understand why they feel that way. When you do this work, you hear stories all the time that make you angry. Abuse and neglect. Domestic violence. Well-meaning stupidity. Even the simple failure to stick with commitments: "I'm moving out of town, so I need to surrender my 12-year-old dog." These stories would make anyone mad, let alone someone who cares enough about animals to have chosen shelter work over other, almost certainly better-paying, options. But here's the catch, and it's a big one. The only way you can save homeless animals is by liking people. By trusting people, welcoming people, inspiring people, and helping people keep their own animals and adopt more. This insight is the core of a fundamental shift in animal welfare work in recent years. Like most powerful insights, it grabs you the minute you get it. Think about it: can you save the lives of more animals.... By screening adopters strictly and allowing only the most qualified, or by believing that most people can give an animal a loving home? By creating obstacles to adopting an animal that only the most dedicated family can surmount (long waits, home inspections, special requirements) or by making it easy to bring a homeless animal into one's life? ...

To Save Animals, You Have to Like People

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy