Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Dogsites Webring - Dogsites has been an active Webring for over 11 years. If you want to promote your dog related website then join the Dog

Forums     Login   Signup

Dogsites Webring

Manager: dogsites
The Ultimate dog related web site with over 800 pages of information, photos and more. Many FREE services for dog breeders, dog classifieds, dog brags, dog sites, dogs, dog pages, dog pictures, info on dogs, dogs information, sites on dogs and many more dog related pages as well as over 220 dog related discussion boards and a worldwide dogsite search engine.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Good Homes Need Not Apply - 03/16/2013
Here's a great article that I thought I would pass on...hope it makes a difference! –Kim Good Homes Need Not Apply Nathan J. Winograd July 8, 2011 I've devoted the last 20 years of my life to reforming animal shelters in the United States (far longer doing rescue). I've worked at two shelters that have the highest rates of lifesaving in the nation: one as its Director of Operations and the other as the Executive Director. I've also worked and consulted with dozens of shelters nationwide. Currently, I run the national No Kill Advocacy Center , which is dedicated to ending the systematic killing of animals in shelters. In my work to reform antiquated shelter practices, I often face traditional sheltering dogma that is a roadblock to lifesaving innovation. Too many shelters operate under false assumptions that cause animals to be killed. If shelter directors reevaluated, rather than hid behind conventional wisdom, they would more be more successful at saving lives. One of the most enduring of these traditional dogmas is that animal shelters must kill because the public cannot be trusted with animals. I faced this attitude when I arrived as the new executive director of the Tompkins County SPCA in upstate New York. Other than prohibiting killing, I had planned to quietly observe the agency for the first couple of days on the job: I wanted a sense of how the agency was run. An elderly gentleman and his wife came in as I was standing behind the counter observing our adoption pro...

Good Homes Need Not Apply

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy